Ricky Ponting wept as he mentioned Shane Warne

 Ricky Ponting wept as he mentioned Shane Warne

Ricky Ponting wept as he mentioned Shane Warne

Unlike Shane Warne, he revolutionized spin bowling: the former Australian captain

Former Australian captain Ricky Ponting could not contain his emotions over the sudden demise of fellow cricketer Shane Warne. Ricky Ponting said that the death of a great cricketer like Shane Warren was a great shock. 

He said that there is no bowler like Shane Warne, he brought a revolution in spin bowling. "Like the rest of the world, I was shocked when I heard the news," said Ricky Ponting, wiping away tears.

When I woke up this morning I got messages. I fell asleep last night thinking I had to take my daughters to the netball and then I encountered a situation that didn't seem real at the time and still probably doesn't really seem like it. 

So, I have just a few hours to digest all this and to think about how much he was a part of my life and to reflect on his many memories over the years.

 

Earlier, former Australian cricket captain Ricky Ponting paid tribute to the late spin magician Shane Warne on Friday and described his first meeting with him on his official Twitter account. 

He recalled his first meeting with Shane Warne at the academy when he was 15 years old.

Ricky Ponting said that Shane Warren gave him a nickname, we have been friends for more than a decade. It should be noted that Shane Warne had taken 1001 wickets in his brilliant 15-year career. 

He is the second highest wicket-taker in international cricket after Sri Lanka's Mathiya Murali Dharan, who took 1347 wickets.

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post