Criticism from both sides of the border for 'modeling without covering head' at Gurudwara Darbar Sahib in Kartarpur

 Criticism from both sides of the border for 'modeling without covering head' at Gurudwara Darbar Sahib in Kartarpur

modeling without covering head' at Gurudwara Darbar Sahib in Kartarpur

Criticism is being heaped on social media in Pakistan and India after the apparently shooting of an advertisement for a Pakistani designer costume at Gurudwara Darbar Sahib in Kartarpur, Pakistan.

Here we are going to tell you that it is not forbidden for women to take pictures or go to the gurdwara but it is important to keep one's head covered in respect of this place which is equally forbidden by both men and women.

The woman, who was criticized, apologized to the Sikh community in a message on social media, saying it was not a modeling shoot.

"I recently posted a photo on Instagram that was not part of a shoot," he wrote. I went to Kartarpur only to learn about history and Sikh religion. It's not about hurting anyone's feelings, but if I hurt someone or they think I don't respect their religion, I apologize. "

Earlier, Indian journalist Ravinder Singh Rubin, while tagging the official accounts of Pakistan's Prime Minister Imran Khan and the Ministry of Religious Affairs, complained that a Lahore woman had modeled women's clothing in the courtyard of the gurdwara without covering her head. This has hurt the religious sentiments of many Sikhs.

He further wrote that not only was it shot but it was also shared on social media.

In response, Pakistan's Federal Minister for Information and Broadcasting, Chaudhry Fawad Hussain, wrote: "The designer and model should apologize to the Sikh community. Kartarpur Sahib is a religious place, not a movie set.

Ch fawad tweet

In Pakistan, Punjab Police in response to Ravinder Singh Rubin's tweet said that they are investigating all aspects of the case and that the brand and model are being investigated.

Earlier, after a strong reaction on social media, 'Mant Clothing' has clarified on its account that it did not have this shoot done and they are not involved in it while these photos came from a third party. ۔

However, he admitted the mistake that he should not have posted these pictures and now he has removed those pictures.

Apologies from the lady

The woman, who was criticized, wrote in a message on social media, "When I went there, I saw Sikhs and other people taking pictures and I also made a lot of pictures for them." I made friends there. Sikhs are very generous and loving people. I can never intentionally hurt them.

"I have great respect for the Sikh religion and I apologize to the entire Sikh community. All these pictures are just part of the memory that I went there. Neither more nor less, but I will pay more attention to these things in the future.

He has finally asked to share his post so that "people will know that I did not do it on purpose."

Reaction from India

Manjinder Singh Sarsa, leader of the Shiromani Akali Dal in Delhi and president of the Delhi Sikh Gurdwara Prabandhak Committee, has demanded action from the government of Pakistan and Prime Minister Imran Khan after pictures of a model shooting a costume surfaced.

Manjinder Singh tweeted several times about it and wrote, “Such behavior and action is unacceptable in the place of Guru Nanak Dev. Can she do such a thing in her religious place in Pakistan? '

At the same time, he requested the government of Pakistan to take immediate and stern action against him.

Twitter posts_2222

It should be noted that similar incidents have taken place in India and Pakistan before which a strong reaction was seen.

The shooting was also reported at the historic Badshahi Mosque in Lahore, while a case was registered against actress Saba Qamar and singer Bilal Saeed for shooting a song at the Wazir Khan Mosque.

Similarly, there was talk of a boycott of the OTT platform Netflix in a scene of kissing at an apparent temple in India.

"Desecration of religious places is strictly forbidden in Islam," wrote a user named Mastura Hijazi. This woman and the brand she is promoting should be punished under Pakistan Penal Code.

One user, Sohaib Nihal, wrote: "I hope the government will take notice. No one is allowed to desecrate anyone's religious place. "

Muhammad Osama from Pakistan wrote: “This is very rude. Respect for all religions is essential. We stand with the Sikh community. "

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post