Leaving Kabul was the hardest decision of life: Ashraf Ghani
Former Afghan President Ashraf Ghani has said that leaving Kabul was the most difficult decision of his life.
In a statement issued on Twitter, Ashraf Ghani said, "I left the Presidential Palace on the instructions of the security personnel."
''Leaving Kabul was the hardest decision of my life, but I was convinced that this was the only way to keep the guns in Kabul quiet and keep millions of civilians safe'' the former Afghan president said.
''I have dedicated 20 years of my life to helping Afghan citizens, building and developing democracy, stability and national integrity''. My intentions have never been to leave Afghan citizens in trouble," Ghani said.
The former Afghan president once again denied reports of leaving Kabul with dollars and called the allegations baseless.
Statement 8 September 2021 pic.twitter.com/5yKXWIdLfM
— Ashraf Ghani (@ashrafghani) September 8, 2021
